Sunday, October 10, 2004

Some Metaphysical Thoughts

Todays topic is risk -

The Bible tells us that risk is not a good thing - "Divide your wealth into 6th or 7th" (some such quote) it tells us.

However - we dont live in Biblical times. We live in the US of A - And things are hyper drived here. Ignorance is bliss, cooperation is dead and while we talk a good game....actually...scratch that...we even are talking a bad game.

Okay - anyhow. Risk is encouraged. All we ever see are the winners - we dont see the losers. The winners talk about their victories and how they always knew that it would happen to them.

The losers sit back and talk like winners, the winners are all over the damn place flaunting their success, the loser spend money like winners, but are still losers.

So risk is encouraged. Everyone is desperate to be winners and they think that they, as individuals will beat the odds and get the money - everyone else be damned.

In the end, at least statistically, they end up screwing themselves. But they dont know this...and ignorance is bliss.

I'm not immune from this society. I cant function in this society without the radiation of positivity and self assurance doesnt occassionally rub off on me. But I do a decent job at countering it - but it may make me...or at least make me seem....very negative.

Anyhow - about my own risks....I'm thinking of taking my main account and making it into a 10-15 equity gig.

Already removing some vestiges of the old way of thinking (out of SPY and DIA) - and going to refocus my efforts into actually beating the market....but.....as always....I might be late to this party.

+++++++Additional+++++++++


Reminder to Myself;


The best I can do is the best I can do. Everyone else is doing the best that they can do. Wish them the best of luck in all endevours because we all need it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?