Tuesday, June 22, 2004

one of the best articles i've read in a while

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/FF17Aa01.html

Some parts I disagree with a tad - I read the IMF report that the author mentions - the problems reported are not as drastic as his reading of it. Although, it should be noted that if you had a bit of a bent towards the dramatic (just a tad really) it should come as a dire warning to the US.

We cannot afford our current life style.

I have often said to my friends that the US economy no longer makes any sense to me. This means one of a few things -

1. I am missing something big about the US economy that makes all of this "okay".

2. The US has found some new way of making it in the world completely different from the old rules (a truly New Economy).

3. I am right and the US economy is headed off the cliff eventually.

I doubt number 2. I am stupid enough to fall for number 1. And I hope that number 3 isnt true...but that does not mean that it's not true.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?