Saturday, June 26, 2004

micheal moore...

I went to see 9/11 today. Happy that I did. Very powerful and moving. On the other hand I was disappointed by those in the audience watching. They werent the type of people I could expect to actually change America for the better.

Two things about the movie itself bothered me - first was that Unocal hasnt really out done the market in terms their stock. Not a big issue or anything - just something I noticed. HAL has especially underperformed the market over a long period of time.

Oh well though...that doesnt really matter, it probably just means more money for the executives of the firms doing business, with not even a bit going to the stock holders of the firms.

Anyhow - back to the US.

The US, I have long thought, is run by rich white guys, supported by those who want to be rich and fought for by the poor.

This is the way it has been, the way it will likely always be.

Especially true because those in the audience were modeling themselves off the hippies of the 60s. Not a sucessful bunch of people to change the world really. Ultimately the only way this is going to change is if the economy changes.

And I think we are closer to that than we have been for a long long time in the US.

Anyhow...I quit my rambling...I'm sleeping...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?