Tuesday, June 29, 2004

gotta love the brits...

"Despite triple-digit inflation, President Robert Mugabe forbade the printing of high-denomination banknotes, as he apparently believed that this would cause inflation."

"Buoyed by this success, Mr Gono has accumulated vast powers, including that of determining who gets credit. Ordinary banks have to deposit half their assets with the central bank, at zero interest, as a statutory reserve. However, they can retrieve this cash and lend it to companies the Reserve Bank deems “productive”, at a knock-down 50% interest rate: in other words, super-cheap money for approved borrowers. To say that this system is open to abuse is like saying that recent elections in Zimbabwe could have been a bit fairer."

Oh man...HOW DO THEY DO IT? Seriously. This isnt LOL funny - but I cant stop thinking about it.

Anyhow - on the investment front. Since I'm not looking at my portfolio at least officially I am not able to comment on anything. But I'm not doing too well. Seems I may have made quite poor punts. Oh well - that's all part of the game I guess. I really need a break from all of it; but I'm not allowing myself to take one.

I am seriously starting to think that it has been wrong for me to prohibit myself from activity. I yearn for it...

Oh well....
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?